The Proxima Nova Font family is a complete reworking of Proxima Sans (1994). The original six fonts (three weights with italics) have been expanded to 48 full-featured OpenType fonts.
There are three widths: Proxima Nova, Proxima Nova Condensed, and Proxima Nova Extra Condensed. Each width consists of 16 fonts—seven weights with matching italics.
Stylistically, the Proxima Nova font family straddles the gap between typefaces like Futura and classic sans faces. The result is a hybrid combining humanistic proportions with a somewhat geometric appearance.
Additions have included support for Greek, Cyrillic, and Vietnamese, numerous currency symbols, as well as a Medium-weight for all three widths and italics, bringing the total number of fonts in the family to 48. All characters, including the small caps, old-style figures, and alternate characters are included in the basic Proxima Nova fonts.
- 8 weights: Thin, Light, Regular, Medium, Semibold, Bold, Extrabold, and Black
- 3 widths: Normal, Condensed, and Extra Condensed
- Matching italics for all weights and widths
- Matching small caps for all weights and widths
Proxima Nova similar fonts:
Avenir, Azo Sans, Karu, Samo Sans, TT Norms
How to install Proxima Nova Font on Computer?
- Unzip the folder containing the fonts first. Fonts cannot be installed if they are zipped.
- Right-click on the font file and select Install.
- Double click the unzipped font file and Font Book will open a preview of the font.
- Click “Install Font” at the bottom of the preview.